BLAWGGG WHATSUPPPP IM BACKK IM BACKK SHES BACK SHE IS BACKKKKK WAHOOOO!!!
Long time no see bro
how long has it been? Since like april? May? i dont know bro BUT IM BACK
Its a canon event for me sometimes to just like disappear for a month or two and randomly spawn back in after a while! It's part of my brand :D Hai im emi :D Hai :D
Soooo uhhh where to start?? Genuinely SOO many things have happened throughout these past few months and I genuinely don't know where to begin! Just recently school ended and I've been on summer breaking either dilly dallying or enduring the most crucial, back breaking side quests of all time :D There's a WHOLE TON that I have to go over but right now I think we all know the most important part of this entire break
its my senior summer :D
im kinda almost an adult :D
im growing up really fast :D
i now have more responsibilities than ever before :D
what's happening :D
is she a grown woman or what
WELL! A lot has been going on this lovely summer that have constantly reminded me of all these things! And so as a result, I decided to start up a nice little saga here in the scatterbrain! THE SENIOR SERIES!! All throughout my posts, I'm going to really touch on my driving exam, senior pics, and college apps! Stuff like that! It's time that I sit down and just flatten all these things out and see them laid out super clearly right in front of me!
that title was entirely clickbait solely because I wanted you to go all like "GASPPPP WHATTT?? EMI??? YOU FAILED YOUR EXAM??? THE DRIVING EXAM THAT EVEN A BABY IS ABLE TO PASS???
Wellll no! But kinda! But not really!
Before I jump into things I want to first provide some context to my entire journey as a driver! I like yapping :D
As soon as my sophomore year started, my parents and I signed myself up for drivers ed on a supa lovely website called IDriveSafetly! My brother did the very same thing so I followed in his footsteps and took this route as well! Throughout the school year, whenever I was free, I took the time out of my day to just LOCK IN on all the lessons I needed to do on the website.
da goat
This included reading some things, watching LOTS of videos, and answering quiz questions at the end to really prove my knowledge. It all went pretty smoothly in the end! I then took my Class E Knowledge Exam online here in my lovely home and then BAM! I was eligible to get my permit! :D
My dad later then scheduled an appointment with the DMV like a month later so they could take my picture, do a bit of a vision test (i think that happened! everything is super blurry but im prettyyy sure they tested my vision. It would be a little illegal if they didnt LMAO), and finally give me my permit! I then went to the DMV on December 27th, 2024 and phew wee I gotta say! It really took a while to actually get the pretty little shiny ID that gives me the permission to drive with limitations! Since we luckily already had an appointment scheduled, we were able to wait in the shorter line outside along with other people that also scheduled one.
this is sophomore emi pretend shes at a dmv in this picture
After like say, 30 minutes standing outside, we finally got to the lovely indoors and...waited in another line! This line went by a wee bit faster which was nice :D but still I didn't really enjoy the environment of the DMV LMAOO I understand now why my brother says that the people there don't particularly enjoy their jobs. After what seemed like eons for sophomore emi who just really wanted to drive an automobile for the first time in her life, my dad and I got called up! We filled out tons of information and such and after a lot of that, I believe the lady tested my vision on like a tablet thingy, and then she told me to sit down on the chair behind me to take my picture! WAHOO!!! I then eagerly sat down and gave my best smile for the cam and shortly after, my permit got printed!!! I COULD DRIVE!! WITH ONLY AN ADULT BUT I COULD DRIVE!! Sophomore emi felt TRIUMPHANT. SHE WAS ESTATIC. SHE WAS READY TO TAKE ON THE ROADS AND SHOW EVERYBODY WHATS UP.
While walking out of the DMV, as I was feeling awesome and ready to start driving in a couple days, a white car passed by me and my dad and the lady driving it rolled down her windows and yelled out to me something along the lines of "YAYY YOU GOT IT!! DRIVE!! DRIVE! DRIVEEEEEE!!!!!" and then she drove away.
crying emoji with googly eyes
I will never forget that lady man
As dumb as it may seem, what she said REALLY encouraged me to start driving as soon as I could, the BEST I could. To this day, and especially recently, I kept on remembering what she yelled out and honestly, that was a part of the motivation that made me get back up and running after a horrible first attempt at trying to get my license. I hope she's having a good day :D
sooo it seems like it's time to talk about my license!
After a WHOLE year of practicing in my dads lovely Honda hybrid, my family and I figured that the time has come for me to take my drivers test and say bye bye to my permit! I had to get my license AS SOON as possible before the school year starts as we need to secure a parking spot for my supa awesome car and stuff! It's time I put on my big girl pants and drive myself to school! And so, after some discussion while in Europe, my dad scheduled me to take the driving exam on June 30th in Sunrise! As soon as I got back home from Europe, my dad and I began practicing in parking lots and on the roads to get ready for my test that continued to creep up slowly but surely! We did A LOT with especially PARKING. WHOO WEE!
my papas whip
Parking is supa easy folks! Thing is though, it takes a little while for you to master it! Even though it is simple to do, you HAVE to make sure that you park straight without touching the borders, which are gonna be cones in the test. If you even TOUCCHHH the cones in your test that's already an automatic fail! And we didn't want that! So we spent a whole HOUR AND 30 PARKING AND PARKING AND PARKING! I'm being so honest, by the end of all of it, I was genuinely pretty exhausted and a little bored because parking is in fact..pretty boring! I am so happy we did this though, because during all my driving endeavors recently, I parked very well and very straight :D Thank you dad :D
So after practice upon practice and more practice, the fated day of June 30th rolled around! I woke up a little earlier than usual to get a good start on the artfight attack I was working on at the time, then ate breakfast, talked and played some games with my gf on the blox, and then it was time to leave! I grabbed my permit, my mom, and all my confidence with the wheel and ran out the door! We got to the place at about ehh 12:30 ish and went inside! Already, I felt pretty calm and confident in everything that was about to go on as I watched a couple videos on what to expect, and talked with Isa and Victoria about everything I needed to know to pass.
One strange thing I did notice though was that..uhhh..this place wasn't the DMV! Ever since my dad scheduled the appointment, I figured that the address in Sunrise that he put down on paper was the address for like the actual department of motor vehicles! That wasn't the case though cause my mom and I were instead at a place called 24 Hour Traffic School. Past Emi had no idea how much of a grudge she would hold for this place for the rest of her life.
who is bro
After checking in at the front desk, my mama and I were told to wait in the lobby. After a LOT of waiting which was kinda strange since the people there moved back my appointment to start earlier than how it was set previously, the front desk guy came in and turned on the tv. He then put on a video of driving test in Florida going over absolutely everything that was going to be expected of me in a couple moments. Funny thing that I immediately noticed! I already watched this video! Yayyy I can watch it a second time to be even more prepared! Woohoo!! Here it is down below if you're curious :D It's acc super useful and super accurate!
So bam boom pow! I watched the video, went over absolutely everything I needed to know, and felt ready! After a couple more minutes, another person opened the door and called my name! This was the instructor! The time was now! The time was here! In a couple moments I will be getting my license! Woohoo!!
....
i ended up doing a 30 minute review instead of the actual thing
and i FLUNKED IT
DUN DUN DUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me tell you everything cuz this was absolutely insane.
I was brought outside and we walked to the parking lot. As we were, I started to go towards where my dad's car was but then immediately saw that the instructor walked towards the mustiest crustiest most worn down, old ahh car of ALL TIME. I then turned to her and asked, "wait I brought my own car here, can I use it for the test?"
something like this but worse
She then was like hmm wait lemme ask. So then she called the lady that was supposed to take my actual exam and asked "yo can she use her car" and then hung up. I apparently could NOT use my very own nice, awesome, high tech, most amazing, comfy soft surface car for the test AND review due to "insurance purposes." So then I just swallowed my circumstances and went into the car. I was then instructed to back out, make a right, go forward, and make a left, and then make another right. I was suddenly out on the streets! I luckily had TONS of experience with driving out on the streets so this wasn't really a huge problem for me, but I already had another thought, "why..am I out on the streets and not in like a circuit? Isa and Vic told me I'd be in a circuit behind the DMV! So did my dad! uhhhh"
But whatever right? Still easy as heck :D! I was then brought to some neighborhood and there we practiced a lot more. Slowing down for speed bumps! Turning right! Turning left! Three point turns!
reversing.
This was THEEE part where EVERYTHING fell off. Where ALL the slashes in the canvas that I have experienced already turned into a BIG HOLE.
I was instructed to stop the car right next to a big patch of grass. I then was told to put the car in reverse and stay in a straight line while backing up about 10-15 ft. So I did that! One thing though! I KEPT GOING ON THE GRASS! The first time it was like whatever, try again! The second was like oh! The third was like GAH! THE 8TH ALMOST KILLED ME AND CUT MY SOUL UP INTO PIECES. NO matter how HARD I tried and no matter how much the instructor explained how to maneuver in reverse, I COULDN'T DO IT!! I COULDN'T STOP GOING ON THE GRASS!
i was here (im pretty sure)
So then after all that, the instructor just said "okay we're gonna stop this you're not ready. We still have like 3 whole other things to review and we only have 8 minutes left." Then internally I was like "GAHHAHAHAHHH" but externally I was "..okay!" Half of what happened here was partially myself and partially the musty dusty crusty car. It was hard for me to operate it and it was hard for me to maneuver while in reverse. Don't get me wrong I'm much better at it now! But then I just couldn't figure it out and it was SO very frustrating.
Once we got back to the place, I was instructed to park and I did! And I did it well :D At least I kinda redeemed myself after whatever the hecky happened in the neighborhood. And so after I parked, we got out the car, got back into the building. I was told to go back to the lobby and wait for the lady that was gonna actually examine me. Once I walked in and saw my mom, I began to SOB. She immediately asked me what the helly happened and I went on and told her everytthingggg about the reversing situation. I was so scared about the actual test now. I was TERRIFIED EVEN! I knew I wasn't going to pass by the standards of these people and I knew this wasn't going to end well. I then went to the bathroom to wash out my tears and put on the best face I could for the exam, only to find out that they had no running water for me to put on my face. BEAUTIFUL! AWESOME! YAY! I ended just using my shirt but man that was pretty sucky too.
After I got out the bathroom, I sat back down next to my mom and just stayed there waiting the best I could. Then the instructor came into the lobby. She went up to my mom and I and showed us a sheet of paper that evaluated EVERYTHING I showed throughout the review session. My scores were not the best. It was super obvious that these people held me up to super high standards because not only was my reversing not so great, there were many other categories that they claimed I needed work on!
pov ur name is emi and ur driving needs work
And sooo because of this, my instructor told my mom to chat with the lady who was going to examine me in the test. She told us that the instructor told her that she thinks I wasn't exactly quite ready yet to take the drivers test and recommended that I take 1-2 classes at their place.
I mean..sure? But why did I even do this review?? Why wouldn't you let me just yk..take the actual test and tell me what to do from there?? Sure some things may have gotten marked off, but what if u guys didn't require me to do a review and I ended up doing okay on the real exam? What if I passed and got my license? GIVE ME MY LICENSE!
But then again, I understood. As scammy and as kinda shady as my entire experience was at 24 Hour Traffic School, I acknowledged the fact that even though these guys tried to make me take their classes by giving me a dusty crusty musty car, set super high expectations exceeding that of the actual DMV, and made me waste 30 minutes doing the test without actually doing the test, I had to get better at driving.
I unfortunately went out of the place though with TEARS of absolute and genuine anguish rolling down my face thinking that EVERYTHINGGG that happened was my fault. I got in the car and sobbed sobbed and sobbed my tears away, exclaiming that I'm a bad driver and telling my mom how upset I was. I haven't felt that distraught in genuinely what felt like forever. I know I was able to have a second chance, and my mom kept on telling me that, but past Emi just couldn't bare the pain of being robbed of what was supposed to be a triumphant day..and she blamed it on herself
no past emi don't blame yourself
NO BUT FOREAL THOUGH I shouldn't have been so demeaning to myself back then. I was going through it, and whenever I go through it I just need to give myself some grace instead of turning myself into my own punching bag.
I love you emi! Thanks, I love you too emi!
awwwww
Anyway, I knew it in my heart that something besides a couple mistakes on my end was wrong. Something more significant, and something more scammy. I didn't like how hard it was for me to pick myself up again and just get over what happened when I got back home. It took me HOURS. Literally the entire day! At least I fully processed the fact by then that the place we went to was shady and run by not so nice people, which I know for sure because it was confirmed by a private instructor my mom called up to help me out the following week.
This guy was called Ricardo, and he would be the guy that would lead me to my victory.
It was time for me to get my ass up and DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
my back hurts
SO, MONDAY ROLLS AROUND! JULY 6TH! On this day, my mom scheduled a lesson with Ricardo at noon, so as always I woke up a tad bit earlier to draw as much as I could before it was time to go! By like 11:50, Ricardo arrived at my house. We met, shook hands, introduced ourselves, all that :D He talks in both spanish and english so it was perfecto! Arriba chico! Obviously I can speak spanish well enough to hold a decent conversation, but when it comes to important, kinda life changing stuff like driving, I really wanted my instructor to at least have some English with him since it's my go to language.
we're still locked in on spanish though
im not losing that language man
maybe ill make a blog about that!
We then got into Ricardo's driver's ed car! Unlike the musty dusty white car from 24 Hours, it was actually super nice! The car was just like my dad's, but grey and with some buttons in the middle for maneuvering instead of a stick! This car was really nothing from another world so I got used to it super fast! It was a Honda CR-V Hybrid if you're curious :D
i drove that :D
The 1st lesson I had with Ricardo went super awesome :] We spent some time here in town and drove around for a little bit! He immediately told me that I drive really well and that the only thing I kinda needed work on was maintaining my speed and making sure it doesn't go too over or under the limit. SEE, 24 HOURS?? IM NOT BAD YO.
so then i was brought to the highway
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHGAHHAHHHH
Let me tell you RIGHT NOWWW BRO HOLY TISH THE HIGHWAY WAS EXTRAORDINARY!!
At first I was TERRIFIED as any driver would be when they're entering the highway for the very first time, but luckily Ricardo made the effort to comfort me by saying that he was right there with me and will make sure I end up okay :D Thanks Ricardo :D Having company, especially from that of a supa awesome mega driving pro really really helped me out there on the highway! After say maybe 20 or so minutes I was beginning to get comfortable with the contents of the highway and all that I was supposed to do while on there. This included switching lanes when the times were right while not bumping into anybody, maintaining my speed, and just staying calm.
this was me
With the scary part to the side, I must say that the highway is actually REALLY COOL! You can go above even 60 miles and just kinda drive in a straight line! Making it easy as well! Not only that but the highway also really allows you to just LOOK AT THE WORLDD BRO. I used to be confined to only the streets of Weston so being out there on the highway where I can see a lot more felt super nice :] Yay!! I'm actually REALLY glad that I was able to finally get some experience on the highway because lord knows just how much I'll have to actually drive on it for however long I'll stay here in Florida. Ricardo said to me many times that it's supa DUPA important to know how to drive on the highway here since that's the only way we can get from point A to point B in our lovely little Sunshine State.
Then our highway trip ended! Our destination was Miami Gardens in an old little plaza where a DMV used to be and where people used to take their driving tests, so it was perfect for practice! And it was another reason why I had to get on the highway too :D We stayed practicing everything that we needed to for the driving test and I mean absolutely every little detail! Ricardo gave me all the tips and tricks for the test at the DMV especially because some things can mean an automatic fail there, like not looking all the way back while reversing for example! The entire lesson was super successful, super nice, and super efficient, and by the end of everything I felt a lot more confident in my driving skills :]
When we got home, Ricardo and I went to the front door of my house to greet and talk to my mom about how everything went! Ricardo told her all I did well on and all I needed some work on and recommended that I only needed ONE more class before the exam (and not in a scammy way) :D He then also proposed that I can actually take the test with him! And to my surprise my mom was actually strongly considering and was talking to my dad about it so she ended up saying yes! I was officially scheduled to take my driving exam on Saturday, July 11th!! YAYAYAYY!!!! MY TIME WAS FINALLY COMING! AND FOREAL THIS TIME! NO DILLY DALLYING!!
idk heres a picture of me
So the day arrived!!! For this lovely occasion I had to wake up supa early at like 7:15am cause Ricardo was scheduled to arrive at 8:30am! Mind you, the day prior I spent basically the ENTIRE 24 hours focused on senior pics and all so I woke up pretty tired. But this wasn't gonna stop me!! I had to get up! I had to be awake! A license was waiting for me! I had to DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVEE!!!!!! And I did :D I drove A LOT. WE WOKE UP EARLY FOR A GOOD REASON
WE WENT TO MIAMI CHICOOOOOOO
SHIT WAS PEAK!! Although the highway was a little scary again. But thats okay :D! I drove to Miami! That's a pretty big feat for a student driver!! Our destination in the end was this driving school. It was like the one from last time but less shady and MUCH more Hispanic.
EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY spoke Spanish there it genuinely felt like I was in Peru or something man it was kinda surreal! So once we got there, Ricardo made me drive around a neighborhood right next to the place that was kinda like its "circuit" where I was supposed to take my test! Once we were done, we got out the car and went into the building of the driving school. Ricardo checked me in and I was ready to go after 4 students! And sooo after waiting in the lobby for like a good 10-20 minutes, we all went outside to the parking lot where the test was supposed to begin and waited some more for like 2 more students to finish their tests.
So then after the last girl was done with her test, it was my turn!! YAYAYAYYAYY!! LETS GOOOOO THE TIME WAS HERE!!
I went into the much better drivers ed car that they had there and I went on my way!! I was with an instructor guy named Celestino who was a good friend of Ricardo! I already had the Ricardo buff so my chances of passing were HUGE and not only that but he was also very very chill! It was looking like my way to getting a license was gonna be easy as helly!
And so we went out to the neighborhood!! Celestino ran me through the EXACT same things that Ricardo had me do, so that was very lucky for me!! It was easy as a slice of pie :]] I turned left, I turned right, I stopped at stop signs, I KILLED MY REVERSING, I did the three point turn, and then I drove us back to the start. I ended the test by parking in the nice pretty little parking space they set up for all the test takers and guess what?? I PARKED FLAWLESSLY BABYYYYYY
OH YEAHHHHH
The test was over!! I had shown Celestino all I know and showed it well :D! He approved me and sent over all my info to the DMV so I can take my picture and get my license!!
I'M GONNA BE A DRIVER BABY!!
im playing minecraft with isa right now :D
I felt SO relieved once I got out of the car and gave Ricardo a side hug to thank him for enhancing my driving skills :] It felt like taking a giant dump, it felt like a triumph, it felt like
it felt like my first real and major accomplishment as a senior
getting this license is an ever so obvious sign that yes, I am going to become an adult soon anndddd I did what I had to do to take my first step into this new era of mine :] This is ONLY the beginning of my armpit hair growth! This is the FIRST STRAND. I still have SO MUCH MORE ahead of me this year but finally just FINALLY this summer, I did what I did best
it felt like i just watched a whole like shonen coming of age anime. Except the plot was my silly little car story that I kinda hold really dear to my heart now that I think about it.
well! turns out i still have a couple more things to say here before I go since this means so much.
--
this blog goes out to that lady who encouraged me 2 years ago, thank you for impacting my life in a way you could have never known :]
this also goes out to my dad, Ricardo, my mother, and my brother for teaching me EVERYTHING that I know about driving and being there for me every single step of the way. You all are pretty cool and awesome :D
this also of course goes out to..well..me!! Yes! ME! I embarked on this journey now officially 2 years ago and kept my chin held up high and persevered the ENTIRE way through. No matter how hard it got, how frustrating everything was, no matter how DIFFICULT life became, and no matter how much hope I had lost, I still. kept. going. And I made it! I MADE IT! I AM A DRIVER! And even though I still have A LOT to learn from here, I can proudly say that I am a safe and good driver who knows what she's doing!
And to you, super awesome blog reader! Whatever journey you may be going through right now, whatever you may be trying to accomplish, ESPECIALLY if it has to do with cars, know that in the end, no matter WHAT life may throw at you to test you, that you will be okay. i FAILED my first attempt in trying to get my license, I went through SO many bad driving moments and days and still ended up on top with my license in hand. YOU will come out on top! You will be able to rise out of the ashes and show EVERYBODY what's up and show especially YOURSELF what's up. Because guess what? You're pretty awesome! :] You can accomplish EVERYTHING that you dream of and MORE. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT! KEEP PUSHING! KEEP GOING! KEEP DRIVING!
Thank you for reading the first part of my senior series :] SO much more is left to come! Just you wait! I actually find writing all this to be super duper therapeutic and who knows? Maybe I'll share more of my deepest thoughts and personal experiences because this is my small little corner of the internet that only so many people can see (hi love <3)
Alrighty cya next time! I love you guys so very much!! PPPPPPASTA LA VISTA! NEVER FORGET TO KEEP ON DRIVING!!
Hello whatsup blog :D!! I am back again to drop out another banger for you super awesome blog readers! I am currently up inside a band practice totally practicing my saxophone and such and not writing on this cause I feel like it! HAHAHA WHO SAID THAT Anyway I'd like to take a moment for some appreciation and even more context as to why I suddenly spawned back into this blog! I have to give allll my props to my lovely gf for inspiring to go back to this blog :] After ending my aice media one forever and ever till the end of time I was pretty sad because that meant I no longer could open this lovely website and just yap away to my hearts content. Butttt who's to say that I can't start a new one :D?? Just as long as I'm not making another post on the super awesome aice media blog I should be all fine and dandy! If I make another post on my media blog it's over cause tstok and the english lads still have to take a look at my whole shabang, laugh, and then give me a s...
YOOO YOOOO SUPER AWESOME BLOG REEADERSSS!!!!!! woahh! Emi!!! ur making blogs left and right!!!!!! yes bro I finally have a weekend to myself what do u expect Today I have been RELAXINGGGG. MUCH MUCH MUCH NEEDED RELAXATION! My junior year is junior yearing me in the booty right now so the fact I finally have 2 days to just breathe for a little bit is genuinely awesome to me. WAHOO!!! As you guys probabblyyy know yeah I definitely mentioned it here somewhere, I have applied once more to be a leader for my schools band program! I did it last year and had a pretty awesome time, so why not do it again with a little more experience and confidence under my belt? :D In this post I'll be giving you all and most importantly myself a nice lil rundown of what I intend to accomplish during most importantly the marching season if I get chosen for saxophone section leader and woodwind captain! YEAHAH!!! PRE SEASON (MAY-JUNE) If there's one thing I learned from last year's leadership,...
Hello hello blog! Long time no see! :D Hope you guys are doing pretty swell, I know I am! god what a past like 3 weeks it has been i am quite burnt out! have been for a little bit now!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA AAHHAAH junior year i hate you but i also love but i also hate you but i love you why do you have to be so oopy goopy on the bright side though, there is one month left until I become a senior! ONE!!!!! mood It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I literally leave my house forever in a year from now and allll of everything leading up to that starts in just a couple weeks. It seriously has been quite a journey in the big CB but God knows pretty dang well that I really want to get out of there soon. My experiences in high school have seriously changed the entire course of my life and the person I am and I genuinely could not be more grateful, but I'm now starting to feel like a saltine cracker in a pantry that's going to expire soon. Let's face it everybody, and l...
Comments
Post a Comment